Thursday, November 12, 2009

Get that little involved.

Pancakes went to a seminar a few days ago. Although it was mainly a financial stuff, there are a few take-aways from it.

1.
Be a little involved. No matter how bad you think things may be. Do not totally stay out of it. Maintain that little stake in it. That will force you to keep looking at it and updating yourself so that you won't be caught outdated. I guess this caught my eye as it is quite applicable to me!

I love my friends. And it is always sad to move on from one phase of your life to start another. It's sad, but it's necessary. You know deep down, some of the people that you are super close with, will slowly drift apart as you see each other less and less. (I am not referring to those special friends that you always feel close to. Those are a special breed. Treasure them.) I keep myself in touch with people that I seldom see by dropping a birthday note. This is no easy task, but I like to do it as it gives me a chance to exchange a few messages with them! (and thus catch up).

So keep that little stake in your friends. Be it a festive greeting or a happy birthday. It goes a long way.

2.
The art of communication. Well, you can be full of substance and your content is rich and totally make sense, BUT if you do not know how to deliver it, that's the end of the story. This is in comparison with someone who has average content and is one helluva of a presenter. Guess who will catch attention and be remembered better? Well, life's not fair. :)

3.
A simple life? You need to be rich to lead a simple life? To be able to do whatever you want and not worry about making a living. And still being able to give back to society, be filial to your parents and make plans for your children. That takes a lot. Interesting concept to ponder about.

So what is it that you really want?

"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails